Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My First BIG Quilt is Revealed

On September 21, 2013, I attended the wedding of my friends, Erik and Dyana Byberg. I chatted with them briefly before dinner and gave them to understand that their wedding gift was still a work in progress. I had originally intended to refinish a small 1930's writing desk for them.  When I said it was a work in progress, Dyana burst out with, "You're making us A QUILT?!!" How could I say no?  So I started this quilt the day after they were married.

Fast forward to September 13, 2014.  I invited Erik and Dy over for dinner and to finally be able to present them with their wedding gift.


This a Super-Queen sized D9P (almost a king), backed with a dark teal flannel. It's massive! My friend and mentor, Jonell Carter, did a large meander with variegated thread for the quilting and did a terrific job.  I'm very pleased with the result.  I tried, unsuccessfully, to figure out how to keep it but didn't really try very hard.

Both Dyana and Erik were delighted with the quilt and that made me even happier! It's a good thing they live closer to the coast when it does get colder than Sacramento.  They're prepared for an ice storm with this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment