Monday, February 3, 2014

My Fabric Stash

I've always been fascinated by quilts and quilting. Taking tiny pieces of fabrics and sewing them together to make a whole new fabric seems to me to incredibly marvelous.  The interplay of hues and values and they way they change your perspective is just incredible.  I think this is one of the reasons that I'm drawn to both beading and quilting.  It's all about COLOR!


I found this luscious fabric on eBay yesterday when I was cruising where I shouldn't have been cruising.  It's part of the new Palindromes collection by Paula Nadelstern from Benartex LLC. Isn't it just fabulous?! I love the wild colors and the saturation of colors.  I shouldn't have but I bought a few yards to squirrel away in my stash.

I think I'm part crow! I'm drawn to pretty, colorful, and shiny things and hoard them away.

Speaking of stashes, I'm here to admit that I have a stash of fabrics almost equivalent to my bead stash, which is to say that I will need several lifetimes to use it all.  I don't seem to be able to help myself! I really need to develop the self-discipline to stop buying fabric.  I have a metric ton of quilting fabric and an equal ton of fashion fabrics all stored in gigantic plastic tubs and stacked in mt bedroom. (No other place for it in this new, smaller living space!)

I'm considering sorting through the fashion fabrics and donating to charity those pieces that I know I'll never use.  Somehow, though, I don't seem to be very anxious to get busy on that project. I love digging into the tubs and re-discovering long lost fabrics, remembering their original destination, and conjuring up new ideas for their use.  But, it will be a monstrous undertaking and I'm going to stall a while longer before doing that.

I really need to get busy, so that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment